Post Treatment & Home Care Information
Please Read & Understand Our Guidelines For A Safe, Effective Treatment
- Aerobic exercise or vigorous physical activity should be avoided for the first 48 hours after a deep chemical peel, and for 24 hours after a mid-depth peel.
- Direct sunlight exposure is to be completely avoided immediately following any facial treatment (including any strong UV light exposure and tanning beds). If some sun exposure cannot be avoided, first apply sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or greater. Sunscreen (with at least an SPF of 15) should become a part of your daily skin care regimen as your skin will become more sensitive to the sun as a result of facial treatments.
- The night of your treatment, cleanse your face with water or a mild soap substitute
- Gently moisturize your face a minimum of 3 times a day.
- DO NOT have any waxing treatments for at least 48 hours (7 days if you had a chemical peel)
- DO NOT apply any type of glycolic acid or exfoliation products as this can severely damage or irritate the skin during the entire healing process.
- DO NOT peel, rub, or scratch your skin at any time, whatsoever. This WILL cause damage and compromise your results as well as possibly cause severe scarring.
- If you experience painful areas of the face, contact your esthetician immediately, especially if you are prone to cold sores. Any blisters that form will need to be reported immediately.
- In the event that you may have additional questions or concerns regarding your treatment or suggested home product/post-treatment care, consult your esthetician immediately.